[PPRAANet] PL259 connectors

Alan Higbie alan.higbie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:00:27 EDT 2026


Phil ~

If it were me - in that situation - I'd just go ahead with the solderless
connector.

Is this for VHF/UHF application?

How much power you gonna run through it?

And if this just to get you on the air to start - promise yourself that
you'll replace it with a high quality Amphenol connector.

You can give me a phone call - I don't live far from you.

~ Alan Higbie K0AV
719-338-8680

On Tue, Aug 25, 2026 at 11:26 AM Phil Dubois via PPRAANet <
ppraanet at mailman.qth.net> wrote:

> Greetings.  I need to put a PL259 connector on the end of some coax that is
> up near my roof.  Let's just ignore the way I got into this situation and
> get on to the question:  are the Shakespeare solderless connectors any
> good?  I'd rather not solder while I'm on a ladder or sitting on the peak
> of the roof, and I'd rather not take down the coax that is nicely run from
> ground level to the peak of the roof.
>
>
> --
>
> Phil Dubois
> kf0zdb
>
> ---
>
> Contemplate impermanence.
> ______________________________________________________________
> PPRAANet mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ppraanet
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:PPRAANet at mailman.qth.net
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>


More information about the PPRAANet mailing list