[PPRAANet] PL259 connectors
Daniel
dleach4512 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:52:58 EDT 2026
Howdy!
1) I have not used those specific connectors, so I cannot speak to them.
2) I have installed dozens of PL-259 connectors without solder, and they're
all still working fine. It's not my preference of course, but sometimes...
3) I do tower climbing and work at heights (ki4win.com/tower)
Daniel Leach
"Be curious, not judgmental" - Walt Whitman
On Tue, Aug 25, 2026 at 11:27 AM Phil Dubois via PPRAANet <
ppraanet at mailman.qth.net> wrote:
> Greetings. I need to put a PL259 connector on the end of some coax that is
> up near my roof. Let's just ignore the way I got into this situation and
> get on to the question: are the Shakespeare solderless connectors any
> good? I'd rather not solder while I'm on a ladder or sitting on the peak
> of the roof, and I'd rather not take down the coax that is nicely run from
> ground level to the peak of the roof.
>
>
> --
>
> Phil Dubois
> kf0zdb
>
> ---
>
> Contemplate impermanence.
> ______________________________________________________________
> PPRAANet mailing list
> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ppraanet
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
> Post: mailto:PPRAANet at mailman.qth.net
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>
More information about the PPRAANet
mailing list