[Elecraft] K3 CMP / PWR control...

Geert Jan de Groot pe1hzg at ymbk.nl
Sat Sep 12 14:51:41 EDT 2026


> My K3 CMP / PWR control has become erratic & is difficult to set the power
> or comp.
> I believe it needs to be replaced. My problem is I cannot find the part on
> Elecraft site or with google search.

See
https://groups.io/g/Elecraft-K3/topic/117336125?msg=44765

which says:

E640018
Bourns PEC11R-4015F-S0018. If you want to order from digikey.


I share the response from Travis: Order 4 (or 5, in case you have a 
replacement mishap) and replace all 4 at the same time.

You will need de-solder equipment. Personally I have cut the pins 
individually, then remove all the solder, and solder-in the new one.
I *think* the encoders were not flat on the PCB but had a small 
distance, you probably want to check.

In contrast to other responses, I did not find replacing these 
difficult, not on the K3. On newer equipment, especially KX2, things are 
more involved, though I managed to swap those out as well.

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG



More information about the Elecraft mailing list