[Elecraft] K3

Fred Jensen k6dgwnv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:38:47 EDT 2026


Hi Robin,

Been a long time!  My K3 #642 did that, dits quit.  There are two teeny 
little SMT gizmos in series with the dit and dah lines, either chokes or 
very low value resistors.  The dit line was open, I just shorted it, I 
was already too old to mess with SMT parts.  Probably some sort of RFI 
protection but I've never had problems since.  Sure sounds like you have 
the same problem.

Never did get the old Fowler radio up at W7RN linked to Squaw but it ran 
standalone for a number of years.  Tom passed away earlier this year, 
and I think it was liquidated along with the station and antennas.

Thanks for VP6DX [and WA6CDR/MM] while on the boat enroute].

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
CWops #142
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County




More information about the Elecraft mailing list