[Elecraft] KSB2 board issue (K2 SSB)
Gil Stacy
gilstacy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:15:32 EDT 2026
After 23 years since assembling #3104 in CW mode only, I obtained the SSB
kit a few years ago and have begun assembly. I'm at diode installation and
have run into a "through hole" problem on the circuit board. The anode
hole of d12 is incomplete. It's dimpled on each side. but not drilled
through. I have ruled out solder plugging with solder removal efforts. I
see two potential solutions: 1)using a pin vise, hand drill the hole
avoiding high rpm which could cause problems going haywire cutting traces
or 2) Trim the anode lead slightly longer than the diode which would allow
the lead to sit on top of the incomplete hole on top the dimple and tack it
topside of the board affixing to the incomplete hole. The diodes sit on
the board in vertical, not horizontal, orientation with the anode lead bent
parallel to the diode with the leads in the board holes. The diode is the
IN4007. If drilling as described above is the better choice, what size
bit and available bit source? Thanks. 73 Gil NN4CW
More information about the Elecraft
mailing list