[Elecraft] Thinking about selling my K3/100
Bill Carpenter
nz0tham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:08:15 EDT 2026
S/N 1502 that I built in August of 2008. No 2nd RX, KFL3A 5 pole CW
filter, KAT3, DSP board upgrade, KSYN3A. Has been to the mother ship twice
for repair. Once because I accidently sent 14VDC at 24 amps into the
antenna socket! Burned a trace and a couple of transformers. Repaired by
Elecraft service. Once because D25 on the RF board was blown by signal
overload. All pins that need to be have been changed to gold, many factory
upgrades performed - can provide list if needed. Rig works great.
Cosmetically the TUNE button lettering is mostly worn off and there are
some scratches on a side panel. The display cover has been replaced. Some
of the front panel buttons have gotten to where they need more pressure to
activate than be fore but all work. Imagine it needs some cleaning and/or
a new front panel membrane. I took it mostly apart about a year ago and
cleaned all the pins/connectors I could.
I don't have a clue as to how much the rig is worth nowadays so any input
and/or reasonable offers greatly appreciated. Contact me off list via my
email which is good on QRZ.
--
73, Bill NZ0T
K3 S/N 1502
More information about the Elecraft
mailing list