[Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Announcement

kevin rock kevinr at coho.net
Sat Aug 29 22:46:47 EDT 2026


Good Evening,

    It was a cool week with foggy mornings.  Last week I found banana 
slugs on my begonias.  I picked them off before they could eat very much 
of the leaves.  On Monday I saw a garter snake on the deck coiled around 
one of them.  Since then I have seen the snake but no more slugs.  The 
snake is happy, the begonias are happy, and the slugs have gone to a 
better place.

    We have misplaced a CME.  It was due yesterday but none hit the 
Earth's magnetic field.  Spot number 4513 has calmed down; no longer a 
threat for X class flares.  Solar flux is still high though, feeding a 
moderate auroral oval.  I expect more noise than last week.  Forty 
meters should wake up during net time soon; days are shortening quickly.


Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

    73,
       Kevin. KD5ONS




-



https://www.quantamagazine.org/a-new-framework-for-how-the-brain-compresses-our-noisy-world-20260824/





More information about the Elecraft mailing list